Sunday, October 12, 2008

A book review for you!

I wanted to recommend a book to you in the spirit of Halloween. It's the book, The Heretic's Daughter. I just finished reading it and recommend it if you are in the mood for a history lesson on the Salem Witch Trails. Which I know isn't for everyone! It really was eye opening for me and absolutely horrible what people, especially women, had to endure during the late 1600's.

The author is an actual descendant of a family who eventually was charged with witchcraft. She studied the trails and came upon tons of letters and history logs concerning her family. What's sad is that most of these women that were charged were Christian ladies who were for one reason or another misunderstood or not liked in their community.

It's a fast read and definitely keeps your attention. The book also teaches you a little about love, sacrifice, and the family bond we share with each other. It does have a real heart warming side to it so get out some tissues.



post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man Julee you gotten analytical on me

Julee H. Nappier said...

Holly- You know me...brains and beauty!(: JK...I promise!

Tiffany said...

I'll give it a read! Thanks!

Tiffany said...

BTW, what did you think of Same Kind of Different?

Julee H. Nappier said...

Haven't read it. Heard it was great though!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Julee. Always looking for a good book. Have you read "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer? Seriously, it's for teens and it's about a vampire. But I couldn't put it down. Should I have shared that in public!?!??! Anyway, I'm reading the second book in the series now. LOVING IT!

Julee H. Nappier said...

Elizabeth- You know the movie is coming out soon. Looks romantically spooky!