Monday, September 1, 2008

Mally's Oil Painting




My mom had an oil painting done of Mally in Destin. The finished results are beautiful! We both cried when we saw it. It amazes me that someone can do such a marvelous work of art! I know this piece will be in our family forever....when I'm long gone!! Mally kept saying "That's me, Marme!!!" She's going to keep it for now...I feel it's way to fancy for my house.(:
We want to do one of Claire on the beach next year and Kimbell ASAP! He's growing up so fast! If anyone wants to know who did it just let me know...I don't have all the details, but I know it took a while to finish. It was such a wonderful surprise for me...I will be eternally grateful!(:




post signature

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julee,
Yeah! I can finally comment on your blog. The pictures of Mally are absolutely beautiful! I have taken one of Tyler and Peyton when they were four and I love them. It is something you will cherish forever and it amazing how much they change in their looks over the years. We need to tell Molly to change hers so I can comment on her blog. I am having so much trouble with goggle.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Holly, I will let her know!(:

Brandy and Andy said...

This is such a beautiful picture of Mally. She is so precious!

Everyday with the Edwards said...

Wow, Julee, that is such a gorgeous painting!

Wilson's Winners said...

Julee-
That is gorgeous and NOT too fancy for your house...LOVE IT!!!!

Amanda Parker said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! I had no idea you were getting that from your mom! Now THAT's a great gift! Little Mally should always be remembered exactly as she is right now... so adorable that you could just eat her up! That painting will always remind you of these oh so precious days.

Shannon Sawyer said...

How beautiful! I wish I could see the painting in person because I know a photo doesn't do it justice!
You will forever cherish your painting of God's little work of art. How wonderful that your Mom could do something so special for you:) You are truly blessed.
I know you can hardly wait to get one of the other children, too. Can't wait to see them.

The Rouse Family said...

that is so BEAUTIFUL...I would have cried too.

Kate Brotherson said...

This painting is AMAZING. What a great mom to get this for you. Priceless, I know.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful painting. It truly is a piece of art that anyone would love to have in their home even if it wasn't their child. It is just a classic painting. Love it!