Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veterans Day... Our heros, My hero.

Picture of dad in the old days as a pilot in the Air Force.
Dad with Will and Kimbell.

Honoring the Air Force veterans.

Wrights Mill Road choir...they did an excellent job!

A poem to remember.

Dad receiving his medal from the boys.





Okay, I know I cry easy, but today Kimbell and Will presented my dad with a handmade medal in honor of Veterans day and him being a retired Colonel in the Air Force. I was so very proud! I cried like a baby! He IS my hero you know. I'm so very blessed to be able to call him my father.

I also wanted to recognize this day because of all the troops who not only have served, but who are now serving us. How lucky are we to live here in this wonderful place of freedom thanks to them! We are truly blessed!




Thank you!




No comments: